sUAS Safety Certification: Level 1
Evaluates 11 major themes derived from lessons-learned in traditional aviation and requirements for Remote Pilots.
1. UAS Foundations: Terms of reference, issues facing UAS integration, and developmental and regulatory history
2. Unmanned Aircraft: Components that make up an unmanned aircraft, factors affecting aerodynamics and performance, and exploratory review of robotic aircraft
3. The Elements: The environment in which UAS operate
4. FAA Regulations: 14 CFR Part 107
5. National Airspace: Operations in the National Airspace System
6. Human Factors and Crew Resource Management: Introduction human limitations as they contribute to errors and violations
7. Aeronautical Decision Making: Accessing risk, decision making process, safety best practices
8. Professional Remote Pilot: Ethical and legal requirements of Remote Pilot, Standards of Practice
9. Datalinks: Electromagnetic Spectrum, signal propagation, influences on UAS communication
10. UAS Control: Control Station Dynamics, Autonomy vs. Direct Control, Simulation
11. Payloads: Data Acquisition, Sensors, Economic Impacts
sUAS Safety Certification: Level 2
Requires candidate submission of their Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification. This credential is an add-on to the Level 1 Safety Certification
The curriculum program to deliver knowledge required for industry certification consists of 13 online modules, which cover the following key themes in sequence in order to build the learners competency in the field of UAS aviation Safety and signifies an individual that can legally fly unmanned aircraft for hire and holds Unmanned Safety Institute's sUAS Safety Safety Certification.