Unmanned Safety Institute, Inc. (“USI”) complies with the copyright notice-and-takedown procedures set out in the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which applies to content reported and removed for violating U.S. copyrights. Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may therefore want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice. We may share any notices and counter-notices submitted to us with others including your contact information, and by submitting any notices, you agree you have no expectation of privacy in your submission.
DMCA Takedown Notices
Content owners of copyrighted material or their representing agents may submit a DMCA notice to our registered Copyright Agent if they believe that infringing activity has taken place on our Site. The abuse team will only consider valid reports of infringement, and you may submit a complete DMCA notice that features all of the points described below only if the representing party sending the request is the content owner or the authorized agent acting on behalf of the copyright owner. If you are not sure if USI has control over the allegedly infringed content, please obtain legal representation before contacting us. To be effective under the DMCA, any notification of claimed infringement must be in a written communication that includes substantially the following which must include a certification made under penalty of perjury:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, as well as information sufficient for USI to determine the legitimacy of the signature and the identity of the signatory;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if a single notification covers multiple copyrighted works at a single online site, a representative list of such works at that site, including citation to the applicable copyright registrations where available;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit USI to locate the material, including a timestamp and visible identification of the material in a screenshot or comparable medium, with all metadata intact, as well as a hyperlink or URL to the website or online content at issue;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit USI to contact the complaining party, including an email address, telephone number, and, if available, physical mail address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any such notifications of claimed infringement must be sent to the below contact with the subject line “DMCA NOTICE:”
Please note if any notification of claimed infringement does not meet the above requirements, USI has no responsibility to respond to or act on any such defective notification of claimed infringement.
DMCA Counter Notification
If you receive a notification of claimed infringement, you may submit a counter notification to us under the DMCA. It must include the following, which includes a certification made under penalty of perjury:
- Your physical or electronic signature, as well as information sufficient for USI to determine the legitimacy of the signature and the identity of the signatory;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in the Middle District of Florida, if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the Complainant submitting the notice or the Complainant’s authorized agent.
- Any such counter notification must be sent to: